Re: [tlug] Okay... wow. Ubuntu just impressed me greatly.

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 22:46, Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:
> On 23/09/08 14:22, Dave M G wrote:
>
>> Printers are usually one of the biggest headaches. Not this time though.
>>  Plugged and played. I just printed out a test page and my Power Point
>> document, and everything is working like a charm.
>
> Since Apple have had a hand in CUPS, things do seem to have progressed
> fantastically in that area, I agree.

Yup, except canons top models (C1 line) which still rely on crappy
crappy binary files and not only CUPS stuff. But that's why I also
love CUPS because when I share the printer on my Mac CUPS on Linux
just sees it and then I print through my Mac.

--
Clemens Schwaighofer
gullevek@example.com / gullevek@example.com