Re: [tlug] Somewhat OT- open source software for US voting machines

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 10:31 AM, Ian Wells <ijw@example.com> wrote:
Sorry, a bit late into this conversation, but internet voting is
something that irritates me every time I read about it.

3. You must ensure that votes cannot be purchased.  (Which is a
slightly different problem - I can freely choose to vote for who
someone paid me to vote for.)

Using or not using a computer does not effect whether or not votes are purchased.  Purchasing of votes takes place regardless.  They call it campaigning.  ^.^