Re: [tlug] Somewhat OT- open source software for US voting machines

2008/10/6 Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com>:
> So Edison solved a problem that no-one else thought was a problem.
> After the last US election there is no question that there is a problem.
>  Whether e-voting is the solution is debatable.

I presume you're talking about the last-but-one, replete with hanging
chads.  Thus the question remains, why do Americans find it too
difficult to put an 'X' in a box next to a name?  (Or would we be
wondering if a '/' meant that they thought about the candidate but
changed their mind at the last moment?)

Technology can't be the solution if there is no problem.

--
Ian.