Re: [tlug] Hard Drive Failure (Was: Help! Total hardware failure)

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 7:59 AM, Jason Hall <jason@example.com> wrote:
Coincidentally, I too experienced a drive failure the other day. It
started clicking and became inaccessible. Rebooting just brought up
errors when the drive was accessed. The manufacturer's diagnostic tool
confirmed "device failure."

Well, that's 3 of us in the past few weeks.  Since I don't have a temperature-controlled datacenter, I'd begin to suspect that the weather in Japan this time of year leads to overheating issues, leading to motor/mechanical failures.  I suppose we should really keep our drives well-ventilated around August-September.

Mark