Re: [tlug] Firefox 3.0.1 doesn't respect <meta http-equiv="content-type">

Edward Middleton writes:
 > Curt Sampson wrote:

 > > It says nothing about clients combining information from the
 > > content-type header and the meta tag, as you appear to be doing here.
 >
 > The problem is that browser programmers don't follow the spec[1] ;)

The problem I was having in fact is that the Mozilla programmers *do*
follow the spec, though: the HTTP header which I was (inadvertantly)
sending ruled, giving me mojibake.  That's what the spec says to do.

It would be nice if we could have a discussion based on *one* problem
instead off just trying to score points off each other.