Re: [tlug] OT: Beer Festival

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 19:58 +0900, Ian Wells wrote:
> If you were to happen to find yourself at the next meeting, I think we
> might have to form ourselves a special interest group.  Though in
> fact, it might well be a general interest group. ;-)

Umm. I find it hard to get to meetings, even Tokyo BEERS ones :( I think
it comes down to being shy. That usually wears off after a coupla beers
though :)

> Also, there are other places in England than London, many of them with
> cheaper hotels and very fine beer festivals all of their own (and
> sensible closing times).  Wrong time of year at the moment, mind.  I
> believe you'd be wanting a flight to Munich, in fact...

Yes, the Oktoberfest has always been on my "to-do" list but as usual,
the empty state of my wallet has to be taken into consideration :)

Actually, I am from London and I have family there but their
accommodation is a little cramped for my beer-belly and they smoke :(
In 2005 I went on a beer safari to London with a good friend who is
now back in Hawaii after getting his brewing diploma from the Seibel
Institute of Technology in Chicago. I wanted to take him out of London,
but time and budget were short :(

For beer info back in Blighty I subscribe to: uk.food+drink.real-ale

Wayne