Re: [tlug] Effect of AI and data processing rift on the Semantic Web

Edward Middleton writes:

 > The article was about how the adoption of the PDP 6 by MIT and Stanford
 > AI groups in 1964 and IBM's dominance in the data processing field lead
 > to a rift between these two fields which is having negative impact on
 > the development of the semantic web.

Yes, that's an excellent summary of the article.  My point is that I
don't think it really much matters, since the semantic web as
currently conceived by the people who participate in committees to
create the semantic web is of interest only to committee-lovers.

You're welcome to a different opinion on the viability of the current
efforts to create the semantic web, but please don't conclude from
that difference that I haven't thought about the issues.