[tlug] kindle, iliad or sony et al [semi-ot]

Does anyone have one (or more) of the above and/or knowledge about how any works with Japanese (I have found some info stating that Kindle has many 文字化けproblems)

Right now only the Iliad seem to ship directly to Japan (European manufacturer).

Kindle coming to Japan? Well I can't find any info in this other than several request spread over various sites.

Sony (US) does not ship outside the 50 states. I find almost no info on Japanese text support.

Any enlightenment welcome. (include e-book formats info if apropos but I really don't care about DRM outside of making various readers incompatible).

Thank You

--
David Blomberg