Re: [tlug] [OT] Web hosting recommendations?

Curt Sampson wrote:

Dreamhost does this, as well as a heck of a lot of other stuff. The reliability is not truly brilliant, but not horrible, either. (We often see our sites go down for half a minute or so once day.) They have the advantage of being dirt cheap and quite featureful.

On Curt's recommendation I just signed up with Dreamhost. It's not yet long enough to judge reliability but get set up was easy. It's Debian so that makes it familiar and the web based management is straightforward and quite powerful. Only problem I had was with Google Checkout - it seem to think Australia is part of the US and South Australia doesn't exist, in the end they had to let me pay via Paypall.

Brett