Re: [tlug] sakura terminal and Chinese

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 02:20:16PM +0100, Josh wrote:
> 2008/8/22 Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com>:
>
> > A friend who doesn't wish to use Konsole or Gnome-terminal was wondering
> > about tabbed terminals that handle UTF-8. I'd mentioned Sakura.  A quick
> > google didn't give me the answer.  I just wanted to confirm that it can
> > handle Chinese.
>
> If he is talking about Chinese input, then the answer is yes. Sakura
> supports both SCIM and XIM, so as long as his IME is based on one of
> those, he's fine.

Great, thank you.

It turns out to be difficult to install on CentOS (I thought I'd play
with it myself too.)   There's no cmake in the repos, which was as far
as I took it--did a cursory google for a cmake rpm, found one, but
installation failed with errors. At that point, I said the heck with it.

I'm guessing you're using it on Gentoo?

Once again thanks, I appreciate the quick response.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: So, how did it go?
Xander: On a scale from one to ten? It sucked.