Re: [tlug] CentOS using default/blank? password postgres

Curt Sampson wrote:
On 2008-08-21 19:37 +0900 (Thu), Keith Bawden wrote:
I also think the user/admin should have had a bit more
nouse, or at least asked for some advice when putting a service like
this on a network...

I disagree. People, no matter how knowledgable, will make errors and
omissions from time to time, and any properly set up system should fail
safe when this is done.

While having password-less network login set as the install default is clearly a bug, I always assumed it was the administrators job to "properly set up" the system. I think it is unrealistic to expect that from a package management system.

Edward