Re: [tlug] CentOS using default/blank? password postgres

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 15:24, Hung Nguyen Vu
<vuhung16plus+shape@example.com> wrote:
> My friend's CentOS 5.2 got hit by a scan and the bad guy was in.
>
> I am not sure if CentOS mentions this issue at any point but at least,
> during the installation of postgres,
> he was not informed that he had to change the password of  user postgres.

Whilst I agree it is an oversight for the end user to not have been
informed, and for the thing to automatically run without a password
being set. I also think the user/admin should have had a bit more
nouse, or at least asked for some advice when putting a service like
this on a network...

Regards, Keith