Re: [tlug] svn is case sensitive

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 1:02 PM, Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com> wrote:
Well if you have read the FAQ[1] you will know that it is a bug (i.e. case insensitive case preserving filesystems),
I've read the FAQ page but if I read correctly, they don't admit that it is a bug.
but not something the subversion developers are in a position to fix.
They provide a precheck script for the problem but it doesn't solve the problem.

The problem I've metionted in the OP can be reproduced with TortoiseSVN 1.5.0.
1.5.2 simply checkouts both file, and overwrite Makefile with makefile.

Though I agree with what 1.5.2 is doing but it will be gently if it ask user if one want to overwrite.

1. http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#case-change

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu ( Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )