Re: [tlug] HTML Off-line Viewing Not Working (photos not displaying)

Hung Nguyen Vu wrote:
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 5:43 AM, Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com> wrote:
On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 7:40 PM, Ian Wells <ijw@example.com> wrote:
I also checked case-sensitivity; I assume your filesystem is case
sensitive....
Solved! Here's what happened:
What is your mount option in /etc/fstab ( or automount).

My CF+card reader connected via an USB port when mounted with

#/etc/fstab
/dev/sde1 /media/sde1 vfat defaults 0 0
converts all the filenames to lowercase,
while under Windows XP, they are all uppercase. FYI.

As it should

# man mount

/shortname=

      shortname=[lower|win95|winnt|mixed]

Defines the behaviour for creation and display of filenames
which fit into 8.3 characters. If a long name for a file exists,
it will always be preferred display. There are four modes:

lower Force the short name to lower case upon display; store a
long name when the short name is not all upper case.

win95 Force the short name to upper case upon display; store a
long name when the short name is not all upper case.

             winnt  Display the shortname as is; store a long name when the
                    short name is not all lower case or all upper case.

mixed Display the short name as is; store a long name when the
short name is not all upper case.

      The default is "lower".

Try using mixed, i.e.

/dev/sde1  /media/sde1  vfat  defaults,shortname=mixed  0 0

Edward