Re: [tlug] HTML Off-line Viewing Not Working (photos not displaying)

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 7:40 PM, Ian Wells <ijw@example.com> wrote:
I also checked case-sensitivity; I assume your filesystem is case sensitive....

Solved!  Here's what happened:

I had cleanly transferred over my site via a flash memory device when I moved to a new(er) on-line computer, but then I ended up backing up the on-line computer via a DVD disk in an OS upgrade and the DVD burning software converted all file names to lower case for me (thank you!) and broke all the links in my byzantine website.  I had thought I had fixed that (everything except some new stuff was still sitting on the old machine, so I went back to that and attempted to manually fix all the newer stuff), but the folder holding the photos (S01) for the last several photo pages I had posted was correct on the server side, yet was lower case on the second machine (s01).  Since I moved the page and photos over by dropping the component parts into the existing file structure, they went into a correctly named folder on the server (correct in the sense of being consistent with the original naming, not correct in not having been all lower case to start with!), but an incorrectly named folder on the local machine.  Or more precisely, I copied the photos into the incorrectly named folder on the second machine from the flash memory device, and then copied them from the incorrectly named folder on the second machine into the correctly named foldr on the server.

Sorry for the stupid question and sorry for the bad file naming I have used with that site!  Is there some automation I could use that would convert all file names to lower case and fix the links accordingly?  It would be a huge time burner to do it manually.

Lyle