Re: [tlug] Large project Agile development

Curt Sampson wrote:
On 2008-08-19 18:49 +0900 (Tue), Edward Middleton wrote:

   I'm not claiming anything about agile, particularly not that it ...
   .. would be all that useful on projects such as aircraft flight
   control systems.

I have grave doubts about that myself, though I think that certain things would apply.

There are people investigating this[1] but It looks like the problem is as much that such mission critical work is inherently a heavy weight development process due to stringent regulatory requirements.

Edward

1. http://www.agile-itea.org/public/papers/agileavionics.pdf