[tlug] Back to the header problems (Was: A bunch of other threads)

Kenneth,

Thanks for responding.

By the way, I've narrowed down the cookie/header problem to somewhere within the scripts that try to determine if the browser accepts cookies. Largely I assume mobile phones don't and desktops do.
In the long run that will cause you problems.  A better method may be to
offer it a test cookie then try to read the test cookie.  Most of my
cell phones have supported cookies so far.

Right now for my Autotelic.com site, I've turned off entirely the browser detection, and now it not only works, it validates with the W3C.

I'm going to look into the test cookie solution you propose. The only thing is that I think it's good practise to figure out exactly what I'm doing wrong before putting in a solution.

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G