[tlug] Wanna see my open source project? (Was:Thunderbird RSS different from FireFox?)

TLUG,

Well, it ain't pretty, but it does work... mostly... kind of...

It's beta, so documentation kind of sucks, and the code may be a little wonky in places, but that's the way it goes.

What it is, is a content management system for the web. Why roll my own when there are all sorts of CMS systems out there, like Drupal, Joomla, Wikimedia, etc...

Largely because I'm a control freak. Also because the other systems didn't do what I wanted.

Anyway, in light of the fact that I'm currently experiencing mystifying problems with headers and cookies, I figured now is as good a time as any to put it out there, even if it isn't "finished".

You can find out more about it here:

http://articlass.org

And get the latest "build" here:

http://articlass.org/archive/articlass_20080815.tgz

By the way, I've narrowed down the cookie/header problem to somewhere within the scripts that try to determine if the browser accepts cookies. Largely I assume mobile phones don't and desktops do. But on top of that, there's some extra craziness going on adding a layer of complexity.

Anyway... just thought I'd through that out there.

--
Dave M G
http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G