Re: [tlug] FTTH ISP recommendation

Joe Larabell wrote:
I think anything that results in new wiring to/from/within the building is considered "construction" in Japan and is subject to landlord approval.

I don't know this is strictly the case. The first time I had fiber installed the NTT guy installing it assured me he didn't need any approval unless holes or modifications were made to the building. The fiber ran from the pole to a preexisting hook above the utility box and then through the utility box hole and run free from there to the modem.

Edward