Re: [tlug] FTTH ISP recommendation

> I go through Asahi Net to get KDDI Hikari One Home course (not shared).
>
> For me the second NAT device (the Hikari One home gateway) isn't a
> problem and I use it as a DMZ.  Anything I don't trust gets put under
> that network (home gateway has 4 usable switch ports after the WAN and
> LAN ethernet cables are attached.  I have never tried to change anything
> on the home gateway as I can't read any of it.  The only thing I have
> found not to work (with starting the connection on the inside) is the

Can you expand what you mean by using it as a DMZ ? If you haven't
changed anything then your computers behind the home gateway ip are in
the 192.168.0.x range. The problem comes if you want to have some
static mac address <-> ip relation or if you want to do portforwards
on the home gateway. Or maybe you found a secret switch in that case I
am all ears.