Re: [tlug] FTTH ISP recommendation

Curt Sampson wrote:
Well, it obviously sucks to be me, because we use Asahi at two different
locations, and I got 1.3 MB/sec on this download at home (maybe 15-20
m of *VDSL* to the MDF, and probably nobody else using it), and in our
office with the same setup except that the *VDSL* is probably more like
40-50m, just a hair less.

Do you have an ADSL connection? If so, that is your problem. The actual bandwidth provided by an ADSL connection can be vastly different from the rated bandwidth depending on line noise and line length. The only thing good I could say about ADSL is that it should be faster then an analog modem on the same link.

Edward