Re: [tlug] STM (was: Re: work times & accommodation @tokyo)

Edward Middleton writes:

 > Well the following would seem to pretty well sum up the situation.

 > David Roundy[2]
 >     It doesn't need promotion, it needs a programmer.

OK, I'll comment then.  :-)  It seems from the comments of various
people that there just aren't that many Haskell programmers around,
not even at the GHC project.  I'm not sure whose argument that favors,
mine (on the argument that Google should wait around until there are
Haskell programmers who can be paid to work on the appropriate things)
or Curt's (on the argument that it takes so long to raise up Haskell
programmers that anybody who wants to have one in five years should
probably start training about three now).