Re: work times & accommodation @tokyo, WAS: Re: [tlug] Embedded linux dev wanting to find work in Tokyo.. Seeking advice.

On 2008-07-27 11:52 +0200 (Sun), Attila Kinali wrote:

> Can you elaborate, why you think that the combination of all
> three languages isn't good?

It can be better, but there are two issues here:

1. All three languages together are still missing some very powerful,
useful and productivity-enhancing features, such as a good type checking
system.

2. Combining strengths into one language works better. I can write in
Python to get small, clear programs, or in C++ to get fast programs, but
Haskell gives me both in one language.

> And yes, i've read the rest of the thread, but couldn't find any
> arguments why they are worse than others, only that they are and that
> haskell would be better (but not why).

I think it's self-evident that some languages can provide significantly
more productivity than others; compare assembler to almost anything
else, for example. Once you accept that, the only matter is to start
comparing languages.

cjs