Re: work times & accommodation @tokyo, WAS: Re: [tlug] Embedded linux dev wanting to find work in Tokyo.. Seeking advice.

On 2008-07-27 12:14 +0200 (Sun), Attila Kinali wrote:

> > Learn more about the people side of management, particularly managing
> > non-engineers, and you'll figure it out easily enough.
>
> Where could i do that? Any good books to read?

Well, _How to Win Friends and Influence People_ is a very annoying read,
but the basic ideas behind it appear sound. (I've kicked around the idea
of writing a version of this for engineers, actually.)

But even the fact that it's an annoying read for engineering types like
me is instructive in an of itself. It's sold quite well, so evidently
there are a lot of people out there where are more comfortable and
accepting of styles other than a clear, simple, rational explanation of
facts that they may not particularly like.

cjs