Re: [tlug] Embedded linux dev wanting to find work in Tokyo.. Seeking advice.

... There is some risk here because if you don't find work within 30 to 45 days your likely hood of having to leave the country once (and come right back in) is quite high as it typically takes 4 to 8 weeks for the Japanese government to process your visa request.

Note that only the Tokyo immigration office has this "pick up where you left off" power. If I understand correctly, if you try to do this in Osaka or another region, your application will be canceled the moment you leave the country and you will have to re-apply from scratch.

This must be something new, as every source I've ever seen on the subject says you can only apply for a working visa from *outside* the country anyway. So once one finds a job, it's necessary to leave Japan in order to start the application process.

---
Joseph L (Joe) Larabell            Never fight with a dragon
http://larabell.org/                    for thou art crunchy
http://thelemicleague.org/        and goest well with cheese.