Re: [tlug] Versions -- The Next Stupid Question

CL writes:
 > Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

 > > You are *really* asking for trouble, here.  You do not own your box
 > > anymore; Kubuntu does.
 >
 > Not wishing to pull the pin, count to ten, and throw but ... isn't that
 > statement true of any OS?

Of course it's true of the OS, that's what "operating system" means:
"if you want access to that hard drive, you gotta go through me."

However, some ways of managing your system configuration are more
tolerant of admin randomness than others.  Ubuntu is less tolerant
than most.