[tlug] TSAC ICFP Programming Contest Team

As some of you may know, every year the International Conference on
Functional Programming runs a 72-hour programming competition a few
months before the conference. This year's competition starts early on
Saturday morning (Japan time); more information is available here:

    http://icfpcontest.org/

The Tokyo Society for the Application of Currying[1] and Starling
Software[2] have put together a team for this, and we'll be working out
of the Starling offices[3] on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

    [1] http://www.starling-software.com/en/tsac.html
    [2] http://www.starling-software.com/
    [3] http://www.starling-software.com/en/access.html

We've decided we can live without the cash prize, so we'll not be
limiting our team to five people. That makes us ineligable for the
prize, though we can still submit and I assume we'll be appearing in the
rankings.

We'll likely be doing much of our work in Haskell, but there's usually
room for other langauges as well, depending on the problem. However,
what's really needed are not skills with any particular langaguge, but
excellent general problem-solving skills.

So if you happen to be a strong hacker and you're interested in helping
out, drop a note to Bryan Buecking <bryan@example.com> and
he'll co-ordinate with you.

We'll be blogging about this somewhere on

    http://www.starling-software.com/en/blog/

though we've not yet started the new blog, and we'll be doing a full
write-up afterwards.

cjs