Re: Humidity and Printer Jams . . . . . (was: Re: [tlug] Color postscript network printer)

On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 15:51:28 +0100
Godwin Stewart <gstewart@example.com> wrote:

> > I replaced it with an Apple LaserWriter 16/600 that i acquired for free
> > when it was being discarded at work. I wish Apple still made printers;
> > that one had over 300,000 pages on it when i got it and still worked
> > great, even with summer humidity.
>
> Errm.....
>
> Actually the LW 16/600 was made by Canon. I used to have one where I used
> to work in Marseille :)

Actually all the good old Apple Laserprinter were made by Canon.
I still remember the venerable Laserwriter II at my high school
that i used to print on... damn that machine was awsome...
heavy, slow, just b/w but really really awsome...
And i'll never forget the SCSI connector it had.
(I'll leave it to you to guess what it was for ;-)

				Attila Kinali
--
It is the unknown we fear when we look
upon death and darkness, nothing more.