Re: Humidity and Printer Jams . . . . . (was: Re: [tlug] Color postscript network printer)

On Monday July 7 2008 09:20, jep200404 wrote:
>I've also noticed a correlation between summer humidity and jams
>on a different HP printer, especially when doing duplexing.
>Baking the paper beforehand helps _some_.

It is not just HP printers. I had an NEC SuperScript 860 some years ago.
It was a good printer for the price at the time i got it (circa 1996).
But it was almost unusable in the summer it would jam so much. I
replaced it with an Apple LaserWriter 16/600 that i acquired for free
when it was being discarded at work. I wish Apple still made printers;
that one had over 300,000 pages on it when i got it and still worked
great, even with summer humidity. It also had networking and proper
PostScript support, which is why i took it over the NEC. I only
replaced the Apple with the HP 2605dn because i wanted color and
duplexing.