Re: [tlug] Color postscript network printer

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 16:03:58 +0900
"Johan Berntsson" <johan@example.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to buy a color postscript printer, preferably a network model.
> It should be unix friendly, so HP was my first choice, but it seems
> that they no longer supply postscript capable printers, or at least
> they hide the fact quite well. Can someone suggest something available
> here in Japan?

I recently bought a HP 2605dn. It works quite well with
CUPS (though the debian CUPS installtion was a real pain).

Colour works fine, PS output too, haven't tried PCL yet
(although it's supposed to give better results).
The only two things that i don't like is that
1) The printer doesn't support IPP (don't ask me why)
2) Sometimes duplexer works, sometimes not (i suspect
something within the PS generation on my desktop, but
haven't been able to trace it down yet)

Oh yes, you have to use the HP supplied CUPS drivers.

			Attila Kinali

--
It is the unknown we fear when we look
upon death and darkness, nothing more.