Re: [tlug] [test] please answer privately if you receive this email

On Sun, Jul 06, 2008 at 11:56:37AM +0900, Wayne wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 22:20 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > Gmail usually doesn't (unless it's changed) give you back a copy of
> > your
> > email to a mailing list.  They consider it a feature, most consider it
> > bug.   (Their logic is that it prevents clutter in your inbox.)
> >

> Not unless it's an option somewhere obscure. I've never gotten a copy
> of any of my mails to TLUG. Maybe one day I'll log-in to GMail and
> check, but I just hate web based mailers :)

It seems to have not changed. I just did a google on it, and found a
link to one of my pages explaining it.  :)  I think there's a way to
semi make it work, but only if you use the web interface.

As per Bruno's request, I also did read his subject line and emailed him
privately, but made my public reply in case it had changed and someone
could correct me.

As expected, he received my reply to the mailing list, but not his
original post.

I am a bit surprised, with all the complaints they have probably
received about that, that they haven't offered the option to turn it
off.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: The school paper is edging on depressing lately. Have you
guys noticed that?
Oz: I don't know. I always go straight to the obits.