Re: [tlug] Color postscript network printer

On Sat, Jul 05, 2008 at 02:11:26AM +0900, Shin MICHIMUKO wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just bought the Epson PM-A840 2 weeks ago by 19,600 yen, and have no problem
> on printing from Linux (I'm using CentOS 5.0 plus CUPS drivers). Since CUPS
> (Common Unix Printing System) will handle all of Postscript parts, we don't
> have to care about Postscript capabilities on the printers themselves, do we?

Especially with CentOS and Fedora.

In my experience, those are two that will simply print a Japanese text
file (regardless of printer capabilities) with no problem.  With Ubuntu
and Arch, the last time I tried with either, you still need to make use
of firefox, openoffice something else to do the postscript translation.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Xander: So, we Bronzin' it tonight?
Willow: Wednesdays, kinda beat...
Xander: Well, we could grind our enemies into talcum powder with
a sledgehammer, but, gosh, we did that last night.