Re: [tlug] Re: Immunity for Illegal Net Spying by US government - Issue is back..

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Stephen A. Carter <scarter@example.com> wrote:
> On 08/07/04 11:24, pjacobs@example.com wrote:
>>
>> Well, hopefully it can be held up in the Senate long enough for the next
>> president (hopefully Obama), to veto it, should it actually pass the
>> Senate.
>>
>> Actually, what is Obama's stance on the matter?
>
> Last February:
> According to his staff, "[he] unequivocally opposes giving retroactive
> immunity to telecommunications companies."
>
> Then last week:
> "My view on FISA has always been that the issue of the phone companies per
> se is not one that overrides the security interests of the American people."

Bwahahaha.  The two room temperature[1] IQs running for
US president right now should be enough to scare anyone.

I'd rather have KOIZUMI Junichiro as President of the United
States and would gladly vote for him (in preference to Obama
McCain).   He tried for and *got* change, at least some change
more than any of the recent US politicians who have run on
that.  Running on "Change" has been a cliche for quite a long
time now.

-sb

[1] Oh, this is the *Tokyo* list and I *do* mean celsius.