[tlug] [OT] Immunity for Illegal Net Spying by US government - Issue is back..

2008/7/4 Stephen A. Carter <scarter@example.com>:

> On 08/07/04 11:24, pjacobs@example.com wrote:
>
>> Actually, what is Obama's stance on the matter?
>
> Last February:
> According to his staff, "[he] unequivocally opposes giving retroactive
> immunity to telecommunications companies."
>
> Then last week:
> "My view on FISA has always been that the issue of the phone companies per
> se is not one that overrides the security interests of the American people."

Ah, Obama. Meet the new candidate, same as the old candidates.

I'm really pissed at Obama for this and the public financing debacle.
If he is going to play the "holier-than-thou" card, he'd better make
sure that he *is* holier-than-thou. This stinks of the same old
politics that Obama promised to change.

Obama supporters, how do you defend your guy?

Cheers,
Josh "Clintonite for Life" Glover