Re: [tlug] VNC, secure or better options?

On 水, 2008-07-02 at 23:16 +0900, Dave M G wrote:
> But SSH still asks for a password. I think this is because I'm logged
> in
> as "dave" on my client machine, but I want to log in as "media" when
> connect to the server machine.
>
> I may be wrong about what the problem is, but how do I set the key up
> so
> that it's got the right user name as well as the password?

Hmm. Not sure about this, but I would try the following:
1) Use an ssh-agent for your whole session so you don't need to enter
your password each login. (I don't know if setting ssh to allow logins
without passwords is safe for you, but it would give me the creeps.) In
gentoo, I have the installed the package x11-ssh-askpass. Here's the
info for it:

     Homepage:
http://www.liquidmeme.net/software/x11-ssh-askpass/
OpenSSH

2) Run amarok inside of the ssh session using -e. For example,
ssh -l media servername -e amarok
or something like that.

--
Stuart Luppescu -=- slu .at. ccsr.uchicago.edu
University of Chicago -=- CCSR