Re: [tlug] Color postscript network printer

Johan Berntsson wrote:

I need to buy a color postscript printer, preferably a network model.
It should be unix friendly, so HP was my first choice, but it seems
that they no longer supply postscript capable printers, or at least
they hide the fact quite well. Can someone suggest something available
here in Japan?

I am using an HP Photosmart 3210a on my network. Using HP Toolbox, I have no problem printing any sort of file, including postscript and photos from Kubuntu. If you have any problem, you could also install the Adobe stand alone printer interface (http://tinyurl.com/e1r) and specify the HP driver instead of the generic one that the installer chooses. That should deliver your file directly to CUPS and guarantee you a postscript capability. I have a German contact on the Corel Linux list who says he is having great success using the Adobe drivers to print postscript files from a Debian variant and VirtualBox W2K (using WordPerfect Office [WIN]) to a Samsung printer.

--
CL