Re: [OT] Re: [tlug] Looking for Mailman expert

2008/6/23 Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com>:

> Josh Glover wrote:
>
>>*3. What the TLUG mailing list is *NOT* about
>>
> *> This is a self-help community, not a support center. We exchange
> knowledge and engage in casual technical conversations. We
>> do *not* have obligations to support any software, code fixes, or
>> guarantee any kind of service.
>
> Though this rhetoric could lead some to think otherwise.

I'll re-word this to make it more clear what it means.

> Maybe we should have TLUGs position in regard to job postings stated
> explicitly in the list policy.  Up till now job postings, which I presume
> this is? required list master approval.

Looking for a consultant for an on-topic issue is not the same as a
job posting. But yes, I will make this explicit in the list policy.

>> Payment can be gratis, pizza and beer, cash money, or whatever. That
>> stuff should be handled off-list.
>
> Whether this is pay or beer work should still be stated in the post, and if
> beer work, who it is for.

Meh.

I think it is fairly clear when someone is asking for a consultant,
not a question directed to list members.

--
Cheers,
Josh