Re: [OT] Re: [tlug] Looking for Mailman expert

Josh Glover wrote:
2008/6/23 Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com>:

but if it prohibits posts looking for people to help with Unix sysadmin problems,

It most certainly does not.

>*3. What the TLUG mailing list is *NOT* about

*> This is a self-help community, not a support center. We exchange knowledge and engage in casual technical conversations. We
> do *not* have obligations to support any software, code fixes, or guarantee any kind of service.

Though this rhetoric could lead some to think otherwise.

Maybe we should have TLUGs position in regard to job postings stated explicitly in the list policy. Up till now job postings, which I presume this is? required list master approval.

Payment can be gratis, pizza and beer, cash money, or whatever. That
stuff should be handled off-list.

Whether this is pay or beer work should still be stated in the post, and if beer work, who it is for.

Edward