Re: [OT] Re: [tlug] Looking for Mailman expert

2008/6/23 Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com>:

> Ok, I've not read the list policy,

Please do, since you are bound by it. :)

> but if it prohibits posts looking for people to help with Unix sysadmin problems,

It most certainly does not.

I think this is one service that any LUG should provide: linking
people with UNIX / Open Source / network problems or projects with
list members who have the necessary knowledge to solve them.

Payment can be gratis, pizza and beer, cash money, or whatever. That
stuff should be handled off-list.

Of course, for gratis non-project stuff, we prefer to have the issue
handled on-list as much as possible, and have the OP provide a
[SOLVED] summary at the end, but if you are looking for a consultant,
you probably want nothing on the list but a request for off-list bids
and possibly a follow-up saying that you've found someone.

--
Cheers,
Josh