Re: [tlug] There are way too many Linux distros

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 09:24:28AM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:

> I'd even go as far as to say that we do not have enough
> linux distributions. Why? Because there is still not one
> that fits my needs. Beside, distros come and go, they
> evolve to something better over time.

ACK. And sounds like religions. Cant find one whose opinions fit
100% with mine, so basically i have my own one.
For linux i take the distro that comes closest to my needs and
modify it to fit my needs.

Windows and macos environments are more like vendor-prepared, you
can take it as a whole, but modifycations besides that road will
not lead far away.

> I'd like to cite Reimar Döffinger here:
>
> "Reinventing the wheel certainly is annoying, but as long
> as all other wheels are square..."
> http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2006-February/040784.html
>
> (Yes, the FFmpeg and MPlayer developers live by this credo)

Great one :)

Christian