Re: [tlug] Skype 2.x video calling in Linux

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Josh Glover <jmglov@example.com> wrote:
> Anyone successfully using Skype 2.x for video calls on Linux? /../
>
> I am sure I can find the solution to this issue on the 'tubes (I know
> almost nothing about V4L, which I suspect is the problem), but my IBM
> cam is pretty crappy, so I'd like to just buy a
> Skype-on-Linux-compatible, modern webcam. Can anyone report success
> with a USB 2.0 webcam? For extra points, tell me where to buy it. :)

I have a Logicool QCam 9000 which works fine. I bought it at Yodobashi
Camera for around 10 000 JPY some months back. The 6000 model also
works fine apparently. On the Ubuntu wiki there is a page with such
information. Um, search search... Here it is:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SkypeWebCams

HTH,
Gernot