Re: [tlug] There are way too many Linux distros

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 1:50 AM, Phillip Tribble <phillip.tribble@example.com> wrote:
http://digg.com/linux_unix/There_are_way_too_many_Linux_distributions

I support Linux and the free software movement. I appreciate all the hard work that the community has put into free software. However, we need a solid base of what Linux is. Every distribution their own package management, file system structure, and set of tools that is different.

Actually I think that the article targets to noobs.
One should not really care about the little things[1]

The is not only BSD but LFS :).

If you compile everything from source code, all distributions will act the same.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_of_the_bikeshed

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu ( Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )