Re: [tlug] First FF3.0 bug? F6 doesn't work

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 6:14 PM, Hung Nguyen Vu
<vuhung16plus+shape@example.com> wrote:
> In Firefox, F6 is the shortcut to highlight the adress bar.
>
> Under FF 2.x, when F6 is pressed, the address bar is hightlighted,
> but In FF 3.0, the address bar is highlighted only on the *FIRST* press of
> F6,
> if we press F6 key three times, address bar will not be highlighted, and it
> loses focus.

In fact, the correct shortcut for the address bar is CTRL-L (CTRL-K
for search bar).
F6 is used for frame navigation (if no more frame, it goes to address bar).

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Keyboard+shortcuts?style_mode=inproduct

> Even if this is not a bug, I think the behavior is not natural.

I always used CTRL-L & CTRL-K, so not sure about the previous action on F6.

br.

--
2 + 2 = 5, for very large values of 2.