Re: [tlug] RMS is at it again

2008/6/15 Kenneth M. Burling Jr. <burlingk@example.com>:

> I understand that he has the best intentions.  He wants what he feels is
> best for the world at large.  For that I must admire him.
>
> However, in this message it sounds like he is saying it is wrong to
> track online purchases, as if it was something new.
>
> I also find his tendency lately to label anything he doesn't like as
> evil a bit annoying.

Yes, I mostly agree with you there.  I sometimes call things evil to
get an emotional reaction, and I believe RMS is doing the same thing
here.  I'm sure he believes it is evil to a certain degree, and in
other cases I have agreed with some of his "evil" labels, but not in
this case.  I understand that all the tracking data could be used to
do something evil, but I suspect most of it will only reach the level
of naughty.

--
Marty