Re: [tlug] RMS is at it again

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 05:57 +0900, Marty Pauley wrote:
> 2008/6/10 Kenneth M. Burling Jr. <burlingk@example.com>:
> > On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 13:02 -0600, Phillip Tribble wrote:
> >>
> >> http://community.zdnet.co.uk/blog/0,1000000567,10008393o-2000469549b,00.htm
> >>

> > One word...
> >
> > GAHHH!!
>
> What do you mean by that?  I know that RMS is a bit odd, but I didn't
> see anything wrong with his comments.  Maybe you couldn't find a flaw
> either, so you chose "gahhh" as your contribution to the discussion.

I understand that he has the best intentions.  He wants what he feels is
best for the world at large.  For that I must admire him.

However, in this message it sounds like he is saying it is wrong to
track online purchases, as if it was something new.

I also find his tendency lately to label anything he doesn't like as
evil a bit annoying.

I think someone else probably pointed out part of what I am thinking,
whether that was the intent or not.  He is becoming more and more
politicol, and more and more he is turning to the same tactics that
politicians use to herd the mindless masses.  :/  He is becoming what he
once seemed to despise...

Take what I say with a grain of salt.  My views are sometimes biased
against him because I find many of the changes in the GNU foundation
over the last three to five years to be annoying as hell, and a lot of
them were spearheaded by him.

I would have to say that Torvalds at times is just as political, and
perhaps much more of an ass, but his politics tend to be more palatable
to me.

I believe in freedom for the masses, but I do not believe in boxing with
shadows.

I also believe that RMS's version of freedom leaves very little freedom
for anyone in some cases. He is slowly getting worse and I wish he would
slow down to think about things.

---

Ken