Re: [tlug] [OT] "Gone Viral in a Shameless World"

On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 6:10 AM, Ian Barwick <barwick@example.com> wrote:
2008/6/12 Lyle H Saxon <llletters@example.com>:
(...)
> I don't suppose there's any way of protecting something once people decide
> they want to steal it?

You could add a "watermark" to the entire film with your name / URL
etc. I suppose - it would at least make copies more obvious.
Than can be easily cropped with a movie edit software.

A more sophisticated mothed using pattern recognition for detecting
similar movies can be extended from the technology that TinEye is using.

Though I am not an expert in the industry but sense told me that it sounds
very promising.

This is from TineEye FAQ:

http://tineye.com/faq
How does TinEye work?

TinEye uses sophisticated pattern recognition algorithms to find your image on the web without the use of metadata or watermarks.

TinEye instantly analyzes your query image to create a compact digital signature or 'fingerprint' for it. TinEye searches for your image on the web by comparing its fingerprint to the fingerprint of every single other image in the TinEye search index.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu ( Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )