Re: '㏄' versus 'cc' and '㎍' versus 'µg' usage [tlug]

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 10:40:23 -0400, jep200404 <jep200404@example.com>
wrote:

> I don't think I was clear enough, so I'm rephrasing the question.
>
> How common is the use of the single character '㏄'
> instead of two 'c' characters for cubic centimeters,
> and how common is the use of the single character '㎍'
> instead of two characters, the 'µ' and the 'g' for
> micrograms

I was completely unaware that there were single-character entities for
those units.

A single character for "cc" is silly because "cc" is in fact the initials
of two words: cubic centimetres.

A single character for µg is also pretty pointless because 'µ' is a prefix
to 'g' in the same way that 'K' is for example. Is there also a
single-character entity for "mg"? or "Kg"? "ng", "pg" or "fg"?

--
G. Stewart - gstewart@example.com

"A reputation for releasing inferior software will make it more
 difficult for a software vendor to induce customers to pay for
 new products or new versions of existing products."
              -- Microsoft