Re: [tlug] osX on linux on a macbook

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 08:37:43PM +0900, Shawn wrote:

> so I started thinking that if I install linux on it, could I run OSX in
> a virtual machine?  I wonder if OSX could find the Trusted Platform
> Module (TPM) or whatever it needs to function that way.
>
> Sun xVM VirtualBox can run OSX as a host but not a guest yet.

I am not aware of virtualization software that could provide macosx
as guest under linux on apple-hardware.

Closest thing i know is emulation of the hardware-parts like timer-
chip that macosx is looking for that usual x86 hardware is missing.
Such patches are since some months in qemu and kvm current.

This lets one run macosx as guest even on not-apple-hardware. On the
downside this isnt ready yet to install macosx, you need an already
installed macosx, and last time i checked network-emulation was
still missing.
More info here: http://alex.csgraf.de - projects/qemu-osx .

Christian