[tlug] osX on linux on a macbook

Hi,

I saw an article saying Mac OS "10.6 will not include any new
significant features from 10.5; instead, Apple is focusing solely on
'stability and security'".

Seems a little nasty to have to pay to upgrade for that,

so I started thinking that if I install linux on it, could I run OSX in
a virtual machine?  I wonder if OSX could find the Trusted Platform
Module (TPM) or whatever it needs to function that way.

Sun xVM VirtualBox can run OSX as a host but not a guest yet.

I mean I don't know how long I'll be able to afford updating the OS
especially if security updates stop. In that case, it'd be nice to ahve
osx virtualized if I was still using it for video editing then.  I know,
performance penalty but my needs are not that great.

Well maybe it will be dead before then anyway.

Shawn