[tlug] Re: 64 bit Fedora, flash sound only works in Gnome[SOLVED]

On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 02:08:44AM -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:

> Fedora Rawhide, which is often broken.
> 64 bit, with nspluginwrapper.  As per Fedora wiki instructions both 64
> bit and x68 nspluginwrapper.
>

> Sound works in general.  However, sound in flash videos only works if I
> boot into Gnome.  If I boot into flux or KDE, and go to youtube, playing
> a video has no sound.  (Other sounds work in both, e.g. mplayer, the KDE
> startup sounds, etc.)

Eventually I was able to solve this by installing alsa-oss-libs for
i386.  (I also installed the 64 bit ones, but it didn't fix anything--I
don't know if they're necessary or not.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Oz: It's Willow, she's nearby.
Cordelia: What? You can smell her? She doesn't even wear perfume.
Oz: She's afraid.
Cordelia: Oh my God, is this some sort of residual werewolf
thing? This is very disturbing.
Oz: I really agree.